Do you think you know everything there is to know about construction? Well then, it’s time to test your knowledge of construction trivia. Let’s see if you are lucky enough to guess all 13 questions.
Stump your Co-workers with these 13 Construction Trivia Questions
Contractors Insurance’s construction trivia quiz reaches back as far as Ancient Egypt and spans everywhere from New York to Hong Kong. Good luck!
1) What is the Statue of Liberty made of?
The Statue of Liberty is made of copper, which is only as thick as two pennies placed back-to-back. The internal structure is cast iron and stainless steel.
2) What is considered to be the world’s first skyscraper?
The Home Insurance Building in Chicago. It was constructed from 1884 to 1885. It was 10 stories tall and had a peak of 138 feet.
3) How long did it take to build New York’s Twin Towers?
Nearly seven years. The groundbreaking of the Twin Towers was on August 5, 1966. The ribbon-cutting ceremony was on April 4, 1973.
4) How many lights are on the top of the Empire State Building?
In 2012, the Empire State Building added 1,200 computer-controlled LED fixtures, which increased the amount of possible colors from nine to more than 16 million.
5) What is the world’s tallest building?
Burj Khalifa. The 2,717-foot-tall skyscraper has been the world’s tallest building since 2008.
6) What is the world’s largest office building?
The Pentagon. More than half of its 650,000-square-foot floor area is used as office space.
7) How much water was the Roman Aqueduct able to transport?
The Roman Aqueduct transported about 75,500 cubic meters of water every day. The fresh spring water moved with the force of gravity.
8) How long did it take to build the Taj Mahal?
The Taj Mahal took about 20 years to build and required approximately 20,000 workers.
9) What did the Incas use to build their cities?
The Incas cut granite and limestone with stone, bronze and copper tools, pieces of wood and water.
10) How many bricks were used to build the Great Wall of China?
It has been estimated that about 3,873,000,000 individual bricks were used to build the Great Wall of China.
11) How many blocks of stone were needed to build Ancient Egypt’s Great Pyramid?
About 2.3 million blocks of stone were cut, transported and assembled during the construction of the Great Pyramid.
12) What was the first suspension bridge?
Menai Suspension Bridge in Wales. It was completed in 1826.
13) What is the world’s longest bridge?
The Hong Kong-Zuhai Bridge, which took nine years to build, is 34 miles long.
After you’ve taken this construction trivia quiz, share it with co-workers at the job site. It’s guaranteed to make the workday go much faster.